Perform specified distributive and clinical pharmacy activities and related services as they pertain to providing safe and effective home infusion therapies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Adheres to organization policies and procedures.
• Coordinates and facilitates new referrals/admissions through collaboration with nursing, customer service and distribution.
• Reviews, receives/verifies all new patient orders, and documents the same on the respective order form.
• Assists the physician and other healthcare professionals involved in planning and implementing patient care in the home to ensure safe and effective drug therapy.
• Conducts initial and ongoing assessment of specific patient, drug, and disease information to identify real and potential drug-related problems or needs.
• Assists the physician and nursing staff in setting therapeutic objectives for drug therapy and establishing parameters for monitoring the safety and efficacy of drug therapy.
• Monitors the outcomes from drug therapy by collecting, evaluating, and interpreting the results of laboratory data, clinical data other pertinent patient information.
• Communicates the results of therapeutic drug monitoring activities to the physician, nursing, and other appropriate persons.
• Programs infusion control devices as indicated.
• Provides consultation and answers inquiries from patients, families, physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding drugs and their use.
• Maintains thorough and appropriate documentation in the patient/client record of all clinical activities and communication with patients, physicians, and other healthcare professionals.
• Attends "morning meetings" and other patient-oriented meetings with nursing personnel.
• Participates in the preparation of progress reports for the referring physician on a regular, periodic basis.
• Supervises, coordinates and/or participates in the preparation of sterile admixtures, dispenses all pharmaceutical and related supplies and equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and standards of practice which govern the profession of pharmacy.
• Supervises, coordinates and/or participates in the preparation of sterile admixtures, dispenses all pharmaceutical and related supplies and equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and standards of practice which govern the profession of pharmacy
• Processes and checks all medications, supplies and equipment prior to dispensing from the pharmacy.
• Maintains clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy by reviewing the literature and attending in-services, seminars, and conferences.
• Participates in on-call rotation.
• Performs marketing support functions as requested.
• Participates in orientation/training programs for new personnel and current staff.
• Participates in departmental QA activities.
• Attends designated nursing department meetings as scheduled.
• Maintains pharmacy records in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Actively prospect orders from present and prospective customers.
• Responsible for handling customer complaints in accordance with Company policies and advise management promptly.
• Educate referral sources on all CSI services relating to customer needs and benefits.
• Comply with all Company policies, instructions, and directives for the fulfillment of company objectives and maximum profitable sales.
• Complete and submit all required reports in a timely manner.
• Maintain current files and other records in accordance with Company instructions and requirements.
• Collaborates with Senior Management to improve efficiency and product knowledge to meet Company goals.
• Assists management in special assignments, such as market tests and surveys
• Provides high quality services to the home-care patient and the home-care referral source.
• Attends and participates in conventions, trade shows and in-services relating to IV therapy.
• Consistently represents the company in a professional manner.
• Maintain effective working relationship and cooperate with all personnel in the Company.
• Adheres to the Company’s compliance requirements as stated in the policy and procedure manual and all other related policies.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide the highest level of professionalism, responsiveness, and communication in order to build and maintain the maximum customer base possible.
• Must possess the ability to multi-task and frequently change direction.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (Doctor of Pharmacy or a Master of Science degree in Pharmacy desirable) from an accredited college of pharmacy.
• Currently licensed as a registered pharmacist in state of employment
• A minimum of two years recent experience in an acute-care setting or one-year recent experience in home infusion therapy.
• Experience and strong knowledge base in intravenous admixture services and intravenous therapy.
• Must be capable of assuming responsibility for evaluating and monitoring drug therapy relative to the total needs/problems of the home care patient in collaboration with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
• Must be able to work effectively with others to provide safe and effective drug therapy.
• Participation and membership in professional societies and organizations is desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job generally operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. While performing the duties of this position, the employee may travel by automobile and be exposed to changing weather conditions.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
NOTICE: Successful completion of a drug screen prior to employment is part of our background process, which includes medical and recreational marijuana.
By supplying your phone number, you agree to receive communication via phone or text.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.